REA Steam Cleaning has a wide range of systems for manual or automatic washing of conveyor belts used in various industries but in particular in the agro-food industry.
For manual washing of the belts , goose beak lance (accessories products section code 202 vd / ep ), nylon brush (accessories products section code 459 and 3043 ), steam + water + suction suction brush (accessories products section code 210vda ) .
These tools are all made with materials that comply with the regulations on use in the agri-food sector.
For automatic washing after production of smooth belts, model VDA , which can also be used during production but at intervals.
For automatic washing after production of modular belts, Tornado model .
For automatic washing after or during production of Flexlink type chain belts, Steamatic model , winner of the Horizon 2020 award .
Steam belt cleaners for the food sector
They are the ideal tool to allow the company to reach HACCP standards without the use of detergents. Several tests carried out by specialized laboratories confirm the effectiveness of steam in the disinfection process.
These models do not require the presence of an operator and can be used continuously during production. The obvious advantages are:
- Elimination of time and personnel costs for cleaning the conveyor belt;
- Continuous washing, sanitizing and drying, during or after production, without operator.
- Available for any width, without modifying the frame.
- Quick assembly, without tools, they move easily from one conveyor to another.
- Complete extraction of steam and contaminated water, the conveyor remains dry.
- Extremely safe for the operator, no steam or water leaks.
- Possibility to use steam only, or steam + water, depending on the contamination.
- Possibility of using the mains steam already present in the factory
The washing cycle always includes 2 phases:
- a first step during which the belt is washed with steam + water, to remove visible dirt and prepare the second sanitization phase;
- a second passage of steam only at 140 °, which ensures perfect removal of microorganisms.
In the automatic versions, the two phases are carried out sequentially and automatically without any operator intervention, therefore the cycle can be continuous during production.
Advantages of steam for washing and degreasing conveyor belts
The dry vapor temperature on the surface is about 120 °
- Heat of steam destroys and eliminates microorganisms including those in harborage locations and within biofilms. Use of temperature eliminates the possibility of bacteria developing resistance to chemicals.
- Heat melts oils and greases making them easy to remove from equipment.
- Heated surfaces dry quickly leaving them ready for use
Note: although the discharge temperature is high its low moisture content eliminates any burn or scald hazard for operators or staff.
Very low humidity
Dry or saturated steam contains only 5% water
The REA STEAM CLEANING steam sanitizing washing process uses only 12 liters of water per hour (9 kw models) up to a maximum of 48 liters (36 kw model). From 20 to 50 times less than the classic water wash + foam + rinse process.
- 5% water content
- REA dry steam generators use only 12 to 48 liters of water, which is about 50 times less than high-pressure washing.
- Steam can be used on and around electrical and electronic equipment, controls, sensors, gaskets, without the danger of causing short circuits or damaging components, so there is no need to mask or transport the equipment before cleaning. Eliminate the costs associated with replacing damaged components.
- Up to 95% reduction in water consumption and wastewater creation, saving money on water supply and disposal.
- Very little water to clean after cleaning the equipment: time saving.
- The minimal use of water allows the equipment to be used in areas without water pipes and for “dry” protocols.
- Low humidity with high heat leaves surfaces dry and ready for immediate use reducing downtime.
- Low humidity eliminates any risk of burns for operators
The pressure of the steam at the nozzle is only 10 bars, much lower than that of the high pressure washing (about 50 bars).
This means being able to use steam on all types of components, even the most sensitive. The discharge pressure is 10 bars, compared to 50 and more for high pressure washing.
- It will not damage surfaces, bearing seals, motors, sensors, etc., so there is no need to mask or disassemble the equipment before cleaning.
- Minimal transmission of dirt and moisture compared to high-pressure washing means less dirt spreading on other equipment and surfaces.
- No risk to personnel safety
Possibility to use the detergent
Possibility of using the detergent together with the steam for all REA STEAM CLEANING generators.
- Possibility of adding water and detergents in parallel with the steam.
- The digital handle controls the addition of water or chemicals to the steam.
- Water helps move dirt faster by speeding up cleaning, but with a slight increase in the water used.
- Cleaners, degreasers, can be used to speed up cleaning and improve results, and with the heat acting as a catalyst their quantity is reduced, saving you money.
- Chemical treatments can be added to retard oxidation or meet other surface cleanliness requirements