Manual washing and degreasing in the mechanical industry and machinery degreasing
Dry steam cleaning and degreasing offers a series of advantages over the traditional manual method (rag with chemicals and solvents):
- It reduces the amount of water used and waste water created by up to 95% compared to traditional high pressure washing.
- It allows washing and degreasing inside the plant, the amount of dirty water on the ground is minimal.
- Solvents and various products are now outlawed; saturated steam totally eliminates the use of solvents, acid baths and other chemicals to clean equipment and materials.
- The investment is not likely to become obsolete with regulatory changes.
- Leave the equipment, machinery and washed parts clean and dry, ready for immediate use, guaranteeing a reduction in production down time and a consequent increase in productivity.
- The wide range of accessories allows both quick cleaning and cleaning of hard-to-reach details.
- It makes it possible to use it near electrical equipment, sensors, internal control panels, motors, wiring and electrical junction boxes / panels, etc.
Advantages of steam for manual washing and degreasing
The dry vapor temperature on the surface is about 120 °
- It dissolves oils, greases and all the dirt that has penetrated inside the pores of the material.
- Heated surfaces dry quickly leaving them ready to use and preventing rust or corrosion.
- The high temperature opens the pores in the materials allowing to obtain a totally clean surface.
- It can be used to passivate metals instead of acid baths and water.
Note: although the discharge temperature is high, its low moisture content eliminates any risk of burns or scalds for operators or personnel ensuring a safe cleaning and degreasing of machinery.
Very low humidity
Dry or saturated steam contains only 5% water
The REA STEAM CLEANING steam sanitizing washing process uses only 12 liters of water per hour (9 kw models) up to a maximum of 48 liters (36 kw model). From 20 to 50 times less than the classic water wash + foam + rinse process.
- 5% water content
- REA dry steam generators use only 12 to 48 liters of water, which is about 50 times less than high-pressure washing.
- Steam can be used on and around electrical and electronic equipment, controls, sensors, gaskets, without the danger of causing short circuits or damaging components, so there is no need to mask or transport the equipment before cleaning. Eliminate the costs associated with replacing damaged components.
- Up to 95% reduction in water consumption and wastewater creation, saving money on water supply and disposal.
- Very little water to clean after cleaning the equipment: time saving.
- The minimal use of water allows the equipment to be used in areas without water pipes and for “dry” protocols.
- Low humidity with high heat leaves surfaces dry and ready for immediate use reducing downtime.
- Low humidity eliminates any risk of burns for operators
The pressure of the steam at the nozzle is only 10 bars, much lower than that of the high pressure washing (about 50 bars).
This means being able to use steam on all types of components, even the most sensitive. The discharge pressure is 10 bars, compared to 50 and more for high pressure washing.
- It will not damage surfaces, bearing seals, motors, sensors, etc., so there is no need to mask or disassemble the equipment before cleaning.
- Minimal transmission of dirt and moisture compared to high-pressure washing means less dirt spreading on other equipment and surfaces.
- No risk to personnel safety
Possibility to use the detergent
Possibility of using the detergent together with the steam for all REA STEAM CLEANING generators.
- Possibility of adding water and detergents in parallel with the steam.
- The digital handle controls the addition of water or chemicals to the steam.
- Water helps move dirt faster by speeding up cleaning, but with a slight increase in the water used.
- Cleaners, degreasers, can be used to speed up cleaning and improve results, and with the heat acting as a catalyst their quantity is reduced, saving you money.
- Chemical treatments can be added to retard oxidation or meet other surface cleanliness requirements